Behold, it has arrived. F4UBCD 4.0, the latest version of the latest and greatest utilities. Out of the magical mysteries of corporate politics comes, at long last, the most up-to-date version of the BootCD in existence. I’ll let the readme and NFO files take it from here…
I’ve put a good amount of work and thought into creating and refining this new version, and it’s always rewarding to see people actually using it. I’ve completely rebuilt the whole thing from scratch, starting with Hiren’s BootCD 10.6 (which this collection is built on), and building everything out around it in such a way as to allow less experienced (but still knowledgable!) users to easily add and modify the tools in the set, so that things aren’t “baked into” the disc the way the HBCD tools are – good luck modifying a UHA archive! So I set out to make the F4UBCD flexible, starting with just a tweak here, a line there, and a whole boatload of batch code.
And, it bears repeating:
Warning: This disc is not an autofix tool. It is intended to be used by (potentially underpaid) computer repair professionals. It can be used to cause data loss as well as other “not good” things. However, it is designed to recover data & restore working order to PCs. It can also serve as an excellent learning resource. Please exercise sanity & caution using this disc.
On the Disc…
- Hiren’s BootCD 10.6 minus Linux and a few others.
Plus F4UBCD tweaks & addons:
- ImgBurn 126.96.36.199
- Active File Recovery
- CCleaner 2.34 with PE extension
- HD Tune Pro 4.50 Trial
- Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder 2.0.8
- MyDefrag 4.3.1 w/ FalconFour’s FullOptimize script
- NirSoft utilities collection current as of 7/28/10
- RegEditPE 1.0c (Beta with some adjustments for cleaner operation)
- Super Pi 1.5 Mod
- TreeSize Personal v5.3.4
- SpinRite 6.0 (under Hard Disk Tools)
- ERD Commander / Microsoft DaRT 5.0 (WinXP)
- MS DaRT 6.0 (Vista)
- Dell MBR Recovery Disk
- Memtest86+ 4.10
- Kon-Boot 1.1
- Shiny graphics that make you feel good